We’ll meet again

Let’s say goodbye with a smile, dear
Just for a while, dear, we must part
Don’t let this parting upset you
I’ll not forget you, sweetheart

We’ll meet again
Don’t know where
Don’t know when
But I know we’ll meet again
Some sunny day

Keep smiling through
Just like you always do
‘Till the blue skies chase
Those dark clouds far away

And I will just say hello

We’ll meet again
Don’t know where
Don’t know when
But I know we’ll meet again
Some sunny day

Read more: Vera Lynn – We’ll Meet Again Lyrics | MetroLyrics

20 Responses to “We’ll meet again”

1. HadiFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:14 pm #

It’s about WW2 might be about being evacuated

2. qudsiaFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:14 pm #

its about someone laeavin

3. QUDSIAFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:15 pm #

WW2 I THINK

4. Adan GhaniFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:16 pm #

Is it sung by Vera Lynn?

5. HadiFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:19 pm #

Let’s say goodbye with a smile, dear
    Just for a while, dear, we must part
    Don’t let this parting upset you
    I’ll not forget you, sweetheart We’ll meet again
    Don’t know where
    Don’t know when
    But I know we’ll meet again
    Some sunny day – Being evacuated as a child.

6. ConorFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:21 pm #

I think it’s about woman singing about her husband going into the war and she’s saying she’ll see him again or remember him if he dies. I think it was made in 1940 in the war.

7. josephFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:22 pm #

I think its about here husband going to war and dying

8. JoelFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:23 pm #

It’s about a women singing to her husband during war and she’s saying she’ll see him again or remember when he dies.

9. AmeliaFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:26 pm #

I think it is about world war 2 because miss put it on in class saying this is what people in those days listened to. It is by Vera Lynn. I think it is about her husband who died fighting in the war. I think the chorus she means that she will see him again in heaven on a sunny and lovely day. I think it also means that she will tell his friends that your still her and to keep smiling like Mr Lynn did.It is actually really nice!!!

10. KianFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:27 pm #

Playing football-
    They will meet in the park before the war
    Her friends are sad because people have been shot

11. IrisFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:27 pm #

I think this is about somebody that she loved or was close to and he went to fight in WW2. I think it’s meant to give hope to people during the war and give a message that even though they have gone to war it doesn’t mean you’ve lost them forever. When it says ‘ keep smiling through , just always like you do ‘ it’s means , even when times are hard keep smiling because it’ll get better, and if it doesn’t smiling makes everyone feel better.

12. KenzeyFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:27 pm #

I think this song is by Vera Lynn and it is about her husband, who is fighting in World War two. This is probably a very important song for her. I think the first verse is about when she says goodbye to her beloved husband and how she promises she won’t forget him ever. As for the chorus this means that she knows that she knows she will meet him again either in heaven or on earth again. The third verse sounds like she is trying to say that her husband always smiles and she hopes he is still smiling, also she is saying that she will tell his friend that he won’t be long and she knows this because she saw him singing this song. Then again the chorus is repeated and this means she will meet him some sunny day. I think this song was written a very long time because it is about WW2.

13. NaylahFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:29 pm #

this song from Vera Lyn is like she’s leaving but she will meet them again but better then before. I think this song was made a long time ago because it doesn’t sound like the music we have today.

I think the first verse is about when she leaves she want to see a smile on that persons face and not tears.

I think the chorus is about that she’s leaving but she will come back but she doesn’t know when or where all she knows it going to be a sunny day.

that’s all my predictions I have nothing else thank you.

14. LaurenFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:30 pm #

The first verse is possibly about a child who has been evacuated to the country, the second verse which said We’ll meet again Don’t know where Don’t know when
    But I know we’ll meet again Some sunny day could mean that she will see her child but she doesn’t know when. Just keep smiling through might mean that the person who the song is based on just needs to be optimistic about it all. On the other hand it could mean her husband has gone to war and she might never see him again but she’s hoping to in the future this song was probably put out when men went to war or when children where sadly evacuated.

15. AlanaFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:32 pm #

This song is from Vera Lyn like you she’s leaving in the song , but she’s happy in the song and she’s saying how much she misses her husband or best friend she’s saying that when your here the grey clouds turn blue by this she’s saying that she was happy when her husband or friend was here I think it’s a nice song, but a bit sad as well over all I miss you and you’ve made up a nice version of her song to yours.

16. MalicaFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:40 pm #

I think it is about WW2 and all the losses during the war and she might of lost a loved one that went to fight in the war. Maybe her husband? And she is possibly saying we will meet again in heaven? And she says keep smiling though she is saying it will get better over time and it doesn’t mean you hav elost them forever.

17. AdanFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:42 pm #

I think the first verse might be about them saying bye to one of their relatives or family members. It might be in the war and it is maybe a child that is getting evacuated.
    I think the second verse is about the person saying that they will meet again after the evacuee comes back from the countryside.

18. DFTFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:43 pm #

I think that this song was made during WW2 and it was for evacuees to say that the war won’t last forever and that one day they would go home.

The first verse is saying that they must part but to not be upset because you won’t be forgotten. The second is the chorus and the third one is about keeping on smiling through those dark times. The fourth one is saying that they’ll tell your family that you’re doing fine.

19. RFTFebruary 10, 2017 at 12:43 pm #

I think this song is by Vera Lynn and that it’s about evacuees going away. I think the first verse is about being brave when saying goodbye. I think the chorus is saying that you’ll see the person you’re saying goodbye to again some day. The third one I think is about being brave even though you might be away from those who you love for a long time. I think that the fourth verse is trying to say that when they person who said goodbye to you ( probably the evacuee’s mother) goes to visit you won’t be sad but will be happy for being away and safe.

20. SohaybJuly 8, 2017 at 8:21 pm #

I agree with Hadi
    I predict it’s about someone who is get evacuated from a country. Furthermore, they are saying goodbye.